Hello again,
For the students that go through the BIS program the terms multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary are clearly defined and understood. When I think about where I am working for my internship the word interdisciplinary stands out to me. Seeing as though the company is smaller than most, I have had the advantage to meet all the employees at this particular office and see what happens during their average day. When working around the office you notice that many disciplines are being used and being brought together to get things done. The company works successfully when interdisciplinary actions take place. For example, the company is working on a new marketing scheme to try and save a little money in these bad economic times. The current catalogs that the company sends out has become thought to be too expensive and nothing but a dust collector on someones desk. The employees came together through communication and marketing ideas to create an idea that would better serve our company and potential clients. Different groups within the company are brought together despite what discipline that might have a specialty in. It has helped me to listen to what goes on in meetings to see how my disciplines are presented, if at all. You will be amazed the communication aspects that I gather while listening to people or looking for that matter. I can tell who has an idea and whether or not someone thought it was a good idea just by the look on their face. This internship has been a great experience for me so far, as well as really fun.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment